न चोर हार्यं न च राज हार्यं न भात्रू भाज्यं न च भारकारि |
व्ययं कृते वर्धत एव नित्यं विद्याधनं सर्वधनप्रधानम ||
Na chora haaryam, na cha raja haaryam, na bhaatr bhaajyam, na bharakaari
Vyayam krute vardhat evam nityam vidhyadhanam sarvadhana pradhanam
The above sloka in Sanskrit means unlike other forms of wealth, scholarship and learning is the only one which can neither be stolen or be divided. The more you spend it (share it with others) the more it grows.
If you have a great story to tell that explores the adjacent possible and explains an important issue, send us a pitch. We gladly accept pitches from unpublished writers. And we’re happy to work with non-writers who want to say something important but need help putting their words to paper. So, let’s share the knowledge, humanity depends on it.
Here are a few more specifics:
📨 How do I pitch to The Minimalist?
Right off the bat, we would like to get to know your first. Please send in a paragraph or two describing —
- What your article is about?
- Is this based on a personal experience or knowledge gleaned from standing on the shoulders of the giants?
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would that be?
Keep in mind that if your piece gets accepted, we might ask you to make some editorial changes.
📚 Are there any particular topics you’re interested in?
We’re always looking for topics across interconnected subject areas. We are particularly fond of — Psychology, Behavioural Economics, Science/Technology, Productive and Growth. But that just what we love, we are always open to learn more about new subjects so don’t let anything stop you from sharing it along.
💸 Do you pay?
Now the most important part. We are humbled to do our bit by paying you whatever we can for sharing your knowledge with us and keep you motivated to write more. If your pitch gets accepted, we’ll discuss the specifics.We pay via Paypal, Paytm, UPI
☣️ What to Avoid?
- Already-published stories: Fresh content for the win.
- Pushy CTA: I understand the need to direct the readers to your personal website but a balance has to be maintained.
- Self-Plug: It’s fine if mentioning your business adds value to the content being discussed but we expect you to maintain a balance so it doesn’t turn off the audience.